I’ve found a way to bring Calvinists and Arminians together in only 5 steps. (Sorry Calvinists, no mnemonic flower acrostic for you, this time.)
If Calvinists can agree with #1 (and I know they will,) then they should be able to follow me to #5.
1. Christians are the Collection of the Elect.
2. Another word for Collection is Body, and another word for Elect is Chosen.
3. So Christians are the Body of the Chosen.
4. Another word for Chosen is Anointed, and the Greek word for Anointed is Christos.
5. So Christians are the Body of Christ.
Now, Arminians can simply read this list backwards.
Is it possible that we’re all really saying the same thing?